Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Next on the Agenda...Momma-Daughter Trip to Forks, WA


Our Mother Daughter Trip planning continues…


Day 5 – Port Angeles…whatever we didn’t get to do the day before we will do this day. 
We will check out the dresses at the “Prom Shop” Black Diamond Bridal.  My mom & I are avid thrift store junkies…we LOVE a good thrift store..so I have found a few in Port Angeles…Salvation Army, Port Angeles Goodwill (or as we call it back home the “GW”), St. Vincent De Paul.  I read the Dazzled by twilight store burned down..so I don’t guess we will get to do much shopping there…

We will have Lunch at “Edward & Bella’s” date place – Bella Italia (for mushroom ravioli).  I have a note on the agenda to keep an eye out for “the Alley” where Edward saved Bella in his “Stupid Shiny Volvo”.After that..we will drive back to Seattle and check in our hotel..get freshened up and explore the evening keeping our eye out for a good place to eat.

Day 6…See Seattle in a Day…this is the plan..enter the places in the GPS and EXPLORE!!
Boeing Field
Tour Fremont
West Seattle View Point
Lake Union Houseboats
Home Stadiums for Mariners and Seahawks
Pioneer Square
Pike Place Market
Seattle Down Town
Space Needle
Queen Anne Hill
Ballard Locks
Fisherman Terminal





We will return the rental car..

Day 7…Amtrak Day…we will take the Amtrak to Sacramento, CA (this is the Harry Potter experience of our trip) even though we are diabetics..we will have to have a little bit of Chocolate (chocolate frog, package of droobles  or  pumpkin pasties to make us feel better from the Dementors ~Professor Lupin said so)…but we won’t say it in the cute Harry Potter accent..but our Southern Belle ones..” bless your heart”..

We will be staying in a sleeper cart, since the ride is over night.  I’ve never done this before...another check mark off my bucket list. 

Momma & I plan to watch the movie ‘The Woman in Black”..just because J  We are excited to eat on the train too…such a neat experience!

Day 8..we should arrive at 6:30 AM “JEALOUS” IN Sacramento, CA..we head to pick up our new rental car. 


I found a Knitting store just for Momma called “Rumpelstiltskin”..cute! and I found online Beverly’s Scrapbooking store in the downtown area~ just for me...we should check it out!! We then will drive to Vacaville and Fairfield, where momma can show me where I was born at..pretty exciting!!  We will also eat at a Red Robin..they show commercials back home of this place and there is not a Red Robin anywhere near either one of us. We want to see what is so “Yum” about it.  Another stop to a yarn store called Spin a yarn.  Then it is off to Napa Valley.  We will stop at a Trader Joes and the Oxbow Public Market (this store looks pretty cool online) Momma saw this on Oprah. We are going to try it out..we are staying at the Napa Valley Railway Inn. (Momma says there is a great bakery near it...YUM!)

 I left this one up to my mom..but we are going to visit a winery (I gave her a list to pick from)..
here is my list;
Napa:
Robert Mondavi Winery
St. Supery
V. Sattui Winery
Beringer Winery
Castillo de Amorisa
Sterling winery – gondola ride
Sonoma :
Buena Vista Carneros Winery
Iron Horse Vineyard
Ledson Winery & Vineyard 

Might stop for a Delicious Tasty Beverage (aka “DTB”) at Dean & Deluca 
Come back to see what we have planned next…

No comments:

Post a Comment