Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Dorks from Forks – our Momma and Daughter Trip in March 2013 (Southern Belle’s visit Forks, WA to San Francisco, CA)

So my mom & I have planned our trip to the West Side of the USA for the End of March…she is flying in from New Orleans, LA and I will be flying in from Savannah, GA. 



How I start to plan...
I started the planning by getting a basic idea of what we want to do. From there I use Google to help me plan the rest.  To get ideas on what you can do in these places you are looking to visit... search other peoples trips, by typing in “my forks trip blog” in a search site…there you can read about what other people did on their trip…  Then write down a list of the places you want to visit, I use Google maps – directions.  I put in each place we want to visit…then I organize them by the most convenient route.  Now you have a plan…(you’ll want to research hours of operations on the places you want to visit, because it can become a bit of a pickle.)  To make your trip even more planned out...zoom in on the street map near a place you would like to visit and see what is near or around...you can see restaurants, shopping or even places to stay. Another good tip is to search the City's Web site and see what they suggest to do. I also like to search "thing to do in ____" and "things not to do in ____" & "best kept secrets of ____"...by organizing and planning your trip you will be surprised how much you can do in a place and always leave room to add on and/or change your plans..you are on Vacation!

The Dorks from Forks – our Momma and Daughter Trip in March 2013
I am so excited about our trip...I love to do research, create binders, labels, tabs, maps, charts..you name it…I LOVE to plot and plan our trips..if my momma would let me I would do it by every second..but she requires me to leave some down time and not so much planned back to back (I learned this from our Las Vegas trip in 2002) So I have made us a Red binder organizing our flights, tickets, maps, reservations, packing list, important phone numbers etc..  I also made Forks themed luggage tags and a Fun activity book with Coloring Pages, Puzzles and matching Crayon box I decorated in a Twilight theme (I wanted to re-label the crayons with Twilight verbiage..but I stopped myself..might be going too far there).  We have a smaller Agenda flip book that is laminated, so if it gets wet (no panicking)..it is still safe and conveniently travels in your pocket book (aka-purse). I already packed my suit case and carry on & we still have 16 days to go.  It too is organized by pants, leggings, skirts, sweaters, shirts under shirts…I have an order I need to have it in..it just fits better)

So..here is our plan for the first couple of days of our trip…We are calling it the “Dorks from Forks – Mother & Daughter Trip”…(I’ll share the inside joke on this..as my mom & I are decent obsessors of the Twilight Saga…my momma ordered us baseball shirts from the actual High School Forks…well when the Movies came out in the theaters..we were wearing our super awesome shirts..and for some reason, one of the days we went..we were the ONLY ones wearing MATCHING Twilight type shirts…(my dad, my mom & I)…so my momma called us the “Dorks from Forks”..we all got a giggle out of that)…ahhh Good times!!

Back to our trip…
The plan is to arrive in Seattle, WA and spend the night, because my momma’s flight gets in really late.  We will drive from Seattle, WA towards the Forks area – heading to Sappho, WA.  We are staying at the Beaver Creek Cabins in Sappho, WA.  Along the way, we will stop for a bite at the Fat Smitty eatery in Port Townsend, WA…our next stop will be to the town of Port Gamble (visit the General Store..because it is too cute for words!) After that we will continue to drive  and then stop in Sequim, WA to see the Lavender Capital of North America..maybe stop at the Purple Haze Lavender Farm…Once we check-in the Beaver Creek Cabins and get freshened up…we may go take a peek at Forks, WA. The evening agenda...we must take our picture by the  Forks Sign, Forks High School, City Hall/Police Station & Forks Community Hospital.

-Stay tuned to see what we are planning next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment